- Established: 1973
- Members: 700
- Yearly Dues: $35/household
- Newsletter: 6 issues/yr
NTHCS Membership Chairman
P.O. Box 852
Archer City, TX 76351
Convention Info: Convention@NTHCS.org
The National Toothpick Holder
Collectors' Society (NTHCS) promotes and supports the collecting of toothpick holders, and
provides education for both members and non-members by providing research, written documentation,
new articles, and by participating in other collector-related events.
NTHCS is open to anyone
interested in the collection, research, and preservation of toothpick holders.
Toothpick Bulletin is the official publication of the National
Toothpick Holder Collectors' Society. Members receive 6 issues per
Bulletin, edited by Marion Carrison, Mankato, MN, features a
variety of informative articles related to toothpick holder
collecting - identification of patterns, comparing old with new,
reproductions, questions and answers, ads for buying, selling or trading,
news from members, new discoveries, etc.
The Annual Convention is held each August at different locations
throughout the United States.
Annual Convention will be held in Grand Rapids, MI on August 8-10, 2013.
Convention events include educational seminars, an all-toothpicks auction, an ID Clinic, and
displays prepared by attendees. Room reservations may be made by contacting the Crowne Plaza at (616) 957-1770. For additional information about the convention,
email Convention@NTHCS.org .
- Bredehoft, Neila & Tom and Sanford, Jo & Bob. Glass
Toothpick Holders. 1999. With value guide, $24.95, S & H $3.00.
Order from Collector Books, P.O. Box 3009, Paducah, KY 42002,
- Bredehoft, Neila and Tom. Duncan Toothpick Holders.
1995. With price guide, $9.95, S & H $2.00. Order from Cherry
Hill Publications, 10217 Stickle Rd., N.E., St. Louisville, OH 43071,
- Griscom, Pauline Breer. Is It Old? Is It New? 1988,
revised 1998. $18.00, S & H $1.25. Order from the author, PMB 441,
1010 University Ave., San Diego, CA 92103, 1-619-299-4042.
- Knauer, Judy and Raymond, Sandra
China Toothpick Holders. 2004. With value guide, $39.95 plus S&H $3.95. Order from Judy Knauer, 1224 Spring Valley Lane, West Chester, PA 19380-5112.
- Updated Price Guides for the three Heacock books and the NTHCS book listed below. Order from NTHCS, P.O. Box 119, Golden, MO 65658-0119. $10 (includes mailing)
Out of Print:
- Boultinghouse, Mark. Art and Colored Glass Toothpick
- Bredehoft, Neila and Tom. Findlay Toothpick Holders.
- Bredehoft, Neila and Tom. Heisey Toothpick Holders.
- Heacock, William, Toothpick Holders from A to Z, Encyclopedia
of Victorian Colored Pattern Glass, Book 1. 1976.
- Heacock, William, 1000 Toothpick Holders, A Collector's
- Heacock, William, Rare and Unlisted Toothpick Holders.
- Mighell, Florence. A Collector's Book on Toothpick
- NTHCS. Toothpick Holders: China, Glass and Metal. 1993.
With value guide